Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Chirp!

Four days in a row! I spent some fun time this afternoon watercolouring for The Daily Marker 30 Day challenge and making an Easter card. Here it is, with bonus cat hair along the top right of the fold! 🙄


As soon as I saw this stamp set, I saw a story my card could tell — although I realize I am probably the only one that sees it. Here are chickies two and three, with their fancy, store-bought Easter hats, ready for fun. Then there's mischievous chick on the left, with no ready-made Easter duds. So he makes do with an eggshell! Even though it's a little big and sliding down over his eyes, he's ready to have a good time! In the background, I've stamped a grass border and sponged in the grass and sky colours. The sentiment on the outside leads to "Chirpy-chirp-chirp!" on the inside (because of course that's what a bird is going to tell you), along with a Happy Easter translation. 
The current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge is "fluff"; I have fluffy chicks on my card and pulled some of my colours from the challenge photo. My lawn puts me in the running for the new Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, Bit O' Green. 



Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Lawn Fawn Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamps & dies, Paper Smooches Woofers & Tweeters sentiment stamp, Versamark, MFT black licorice, Memento new sprout & grape jelly, Lawn Fawn freshly cut grass & tumbled glass distress inks, Hero Arts sparkle clear embossing powder, Zig clean colour real brush markers, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute card!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey! The scene you've created is adorable & I love the pretty pastels.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx